Northwest Corner of Park and University
This building was the first suburban shopping center in Tucson and was built by Louise Marshall in 1922. Over the years, the Marshall Foundation added a variety of facades to the building. In the early 1990’s there was a redevelopment of the area between Euclid and Park and North to 2nd St. The contractors attempted to remove the facade to restore the building to the original look, but the building became unstable and could not be preserved. The current structure has been rebuilt to honor Louise’s original vision.